Museum of Applied Art.
Museum of Applied Art was founded in 1937, in the late 19th century. Currently, the museum has more than four thousand items (wood, art jewelry, gold embroidery, carpets, paintings, ceramics, engraving). The building is an example of architectural and decorative arts. Architectural decoration, carving and painting on wood are made by Uzbek craftsmen.
In 1941 and 1961 the building was restored.
In 1970 - the reconstruction of the museum building.
Until the middle of 1930, the building housed a children's home. Later different organizations were opened, including the training center carving ganch, embossing.
Since July 1937 there used to be a museum of handicrafts.
Several hundreds of exhibits representing the diversity of arts and crafts of our country: ceramic, metal, carving and painting on wood, artistic hand and machine embroidery, carpets, gold embroidery. This is the work of professional folk artisans who create original works of applied art.
In 1960, it was named "The permanent exhibition of applied art of Uzbekistan".
In 1997 the building was intended for the Ministry of culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan and received the status of “State museum of Arts and Crafts”.
Art Museum is a fine example of high skill architecture and decorative art of the end XIX century. The interior of the central hall of the museum (mehmonhona) differs with an architectural decoration. Its walls are decorated with ornamental carvings ganch and wooden ceiling covered with decorative painting in the technique kundal. Best examples from the collection of national decorative art, exhibited in 13 rooms of the museum are in harmony with the architectural complex of the building.
- Tashkent places of interest
- Chimgan Mountains
- Mountains of Uzbekistan and holiday places
- Tashkent TV Tower.
- Bazaar Chorsu.
- Museum of Applied Art.
- Madrasah Kukeldash
- Independence Square
- Jami Mosque
- Alisher Navoi Theatre
- The Palace of Duke Romanov
- Hazrat Imam Complex
- Kaldyrgach-biy (Tole bi) Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Zangi-Ata
- Kaffola Shoshiy Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Sheihantaur
- Academic Russian Drama Theatre
- Polish Catholic Church
- The Theatre «Ilkhom»
- The Youth Theatre of Uzbekistan
- The "Anchor" Canal
- The Museum of Astronomy
- The State Art Museum of Uzbekistan
- The “Bozsu” Canal
- Tashkent State Theatre of Musical Comedy
- Theatre of Satire named after A. Kahhara
- The square of memory
- Locomotive Museum (Tashkent museum of railway...
- Uzbek National Academic Drama Theatre
- The "Salar" Channel
- Tashkent railway station
- The State Museum of Timurids History
- «Aladdin» Theatre
- Memorial complex of Memory of Repression Vict...
- The Holy Dormition Cathedral
- Alay bazaar
- State Museum of Nature of Uzbekistan
- Abdulkasym Madrasah
- Mukimi Theatre
- Monument "Courage"
- Amir Temur Square
- Alisher Navoi Theater