Termez Archeological Museum
Termez Archaeological Museum was opened for visitors in 2002. In the entrance hall of the museum you can see the unique statues made of stone and plaster, ceramic vessels, stone pool and a map of the area with 20 archeological sites date to different period of history. There are exhibits found during the excavations in Surkhandarya region, stone tools of primitive man and works of art made by the hands of skilled masters.Today, the fund of the museum includes more than 27,000 antiques, consisting of painting collection, sculptures, numismatics, archeology, photos etc. There are more than 16,000 unique books as well as manuscripts and lithographic editions in Persian, Arabic and European languages.
The museum has the following academic departments:
- Department of the Hellenistic period and ancient Bactria.
- Department of the Stone Age and Bronze Age.
- Department of Kushan culture of northern Bactria.
- Department of the High Middle Ages
- Department of Early Middle Ages of North Tokharistan.
- Department of the khanate epoch.
- Department of numismatics.
Address: At Termezi str. 29a
Phone: + (99876) 2427585
Work hours: from 9.00 am to 6 pm.
- Sights in Termez
- Minaret Djarkurgan
- Termez Archeological Museum
- Sultan-Saodat Ensemble
- Complex Fayaz-Tepa