The "Salar" Channel
Salar is the channel in Tashkent and Tashkent region. While flowing through the city center, it crosses Tashkent from north-east to south-west, absorbs water of Chauli and Burdzhar Channels. There used to be much water in the channel.
According to historical information, Salar Canal was dug a thousand years ago. But there are also opinions about the natural origin of Salar as Chirchik Channel. There is ancient settlement Minguruk on one of the shores of Salar channel, which is the the ruins of the ancient city Chach (the ancient name of modern Tashkent).
Legend says that ancient king of Tashkent was Zol, who built the ditch Zah. Iranian hero Rustam, who according to legend was Zol’s son, built Salar Channel. It is unknown where the channel ends. There are large channels Karakulduk and Niyazbash on the right side of the bed. Karakulduk and Karasu water flow into Chirchik River.
Initially Salar Canal was natural stream of the river Chirchik, which was transformed into the channel. According to the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Salar Channel is the most polluted channel in the city.
- Tashkent places of interest
- Chimgan Mountains
- Mountains of Uzbekistan and holiday places
- Tashkent TV Tower.
- Bazaar Chorsu.
- Museum of Applied Art.
- Madrasah Kukeldash
- Independence Square
- Jami Mosque
- The Palace of Duke Romanov
- Hazrat Imam Complex
- Kaldyrgach-biy (Tole bi) Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Zangi-Ata
- Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Sheihantaur
- Academic Russian Drama Theatre
- Polish Catholic Church
- The Theatre «Ilkhom»
- The Youth Theatre of Uzbekistan
- The "Anchor" Canal
- The Museum of Astronomy
- The State Art Museum of Uzbekistan
- The “Bozsu” Canal
- Tashkent State Theatre of Musical Comedy
- Theatre of Satire named after A. Kahhara
- The square of memory
- Locomotive Museum (Tashkent museum of railway...
- Uzbek National Academic Drama Theatre
- The "Salar" Channel
- Tashkent railway station
- The State Museum of Timurids History
- «Aladdin» Theatre
- Memorial complex of Memory of Repression Vict...
- The Holy Dormition Cathedral
- Alay bazaar
- State Museum of Nature of Uzbekistan
- Abdulkasym Madrasah
- Mukimi Theatre
- Monument "Courage"
- Amir Temur Square
- Alisher Navoi Theater